Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's My Style?

I was asked the other day what style of clothes I design. At first I said all styles but on reflection I've decided it's rather an eclectic style incorporating retro with a slightly modern twist as well as a relaxed smart casual if that makes sense.

I'm not much for flouncy frills and loads of detail. I prefer a more organic simple approach to designing. You know the old saying less is more. I like something that reminds me of the simpler times of days gone by. Maybe that's why retro appeals to me so much. But I also like classic styles, the pencil skirt and blazer or a well-cut trouser and crisp white shirt.

Today I'm making skirts, some short others knee length. I'll team these with simple tops which would go just as nicely with a cardigan as a blazer. Hmm maybe I'll make a cardigan style jacket too.

No comments:

Post a Comment