Friday, April 27, 2012

Today is D-Day...dyeing, that is

I'm having a load of fun today trying out different dyes to see what my denims will look like. I took some sadly faded grey jeans and blue denim shorts and dyed them a gorgeous plummy-wine colour courtesy of a relatively new RIT dye called, you guessed it, "wine". The transformation was, in one word, amazing! I know have the cutest little cut-offs (not for me I hasten to add!!!) and some straight legs that are right on trend.

The second pair of jeans were a faded blue which I put into Dylon "Antique Grey". This gave a nice lift to them without actually changing the colour very much. I think I might try doing another pair in charcoal or dark brown to get that dirty denim look. The trick is to get your timing just right. The longer you keep the garment in the dye, the stronger the effect.

All in all a good day! Pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment