Monday, June 28, 2010

BUSYBUSYBUSY!!!

If I'm not in the sewing room, at the design table or out at the markets, you'll often find me trawling around the charity shops (especially Salvos) for the next treasure! Today was a trawling sort of day. I've decided I want to make a man's outfit for my next parade collection. I've already finished a shirt (two shirts combined to make an awesome new one!) but still need trousers to go with it. I found a fabulous, albeit extra large, pair in dark charcoal pure wool. Once they are refashioned into something more modern-looking, the outfit will rock! No pics yet.....I want the whole look together first. So watch this space!

I also found some other little goodies just begging for a transformation. I can't make up my mind whether these will go straight into my collection (I already know what I'm going to make) or into my own wardrobe, which is looking a little sad this winter. I just never seem to get around to making anything nice just for me. Oh well, maybe this time I'll spoil myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment