Monday, January 10, 2011

Coat to shoulder bag transformation



This is a perfect example of what you can achieve with a little imagination and perseverance. I met a young lady at a recent market who asked me to make her something out of a well-worn suede leather coat. She gave me an idea of what she wanted and then said "go for it".

The result is a fabulous large shoulder bag with plenty of interesting features such as the large patch pockets with button-down flaps. I used one of the sleeve cuffs to make the closure flap and the belt (complete with metal rings) to make the strap. Inside is fully lined with a central divider and lots of extra pockets - an absolute must in a large bag!

I'm rather proud of the finished product.....not too shabby if I say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment